ISO 50001:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course
ISO 50001:2018 Lead Auditor Training CourseLevel Lead auditor Duration 2 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training £1375 + VAT Book your place Available to quote: In-house Request a quote
Learn the essential knowledge and skills required to be a lead auditor, in order to effectively manage and perform first, second, and third-party audits of Energy Management System (EnMS) against ISO 50001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Effective programming, planning, coordination and implementation of Energy Management System (EnMS) audits provides a solid framework to enhance energy performance, helping to meet customer requirements, reduce costs, and realize the operational benefits of improved energy efficiency, reduced energy consumption, and associated environmental impacts. Develop your auditing skills and competencies, helping support your organization to meet its strategic goals and objectives.
Building on your existing knowledge and experience of auditing, you’ll grasp the key principles and practices of effective EnMS audits in accordance with ISO 50001:2018 and ISO 19011 “Guidelines for auditing management systems”. Using a step-by-step approach, you’ll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up.
Over 2 days, and building on your previous modules, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills required to undertake and lead a successful energy management systems audit. Learn to describe the purpose of an ISO 50001:2018 EnMS audit and how to satisfy third-party certification. You’ll acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an EnMS audit that establishes conformity and improves energy performance.
This course will help you to:
- Enhance your knowledge and understanding of the benefits and requirements of an ISO 50001:2018 EnMS audit
- Interpret ISO 50001 requirements for first, second and third-party audit application
- Develop, coordinate and implement EnMS audit programmes
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Access the latest auditor tools and techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading and managing audit processes in line with the latest requirements
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
Any person or team tasked with, or interested in, leading an audit of an organization’s EnMS and those seeking to become a second-party EnMS auditor based on ISO 50001.
Please note: The implementation and the auditing of an ISO 50001-based EnMS requires different skill sets. Delegates with an interest in implementation should consider completing our implementation course.
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- Training course notes
- Pass the Pre-Course Assessment
- OR hold a certificate of achievement for the ISO 50001:2018 Internal Auditor Training Course
- Please note: We strongly recommend you attend our ISO 50001 requirements course before attending this course. It will also help if you have experience in conducting some internal audits and supplier audits.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.