ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Practitioner Qualification
ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Practitioner QualificationLevel Practitioner Duration 5.5 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training Request a quote BSI Qualifications Guide
Download the qualifications guide (PDF) for more information.
Master the next level of auditing with this Lead Auditor Practitioner qualification. Undertaking this first step will allow you to hone your skills with learning from a range of sources and activity-based learning. Led by expert BSI trainers, your learning journey will cover everything you need to know about ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OH&S MS).
You’ll cover the must-know details of OH&S MS, including the key concepts you need to manage risk and apply the knowledge to your own organization. Through practical experience combined with classroom learning, you’ll gain a qualification to help you plan, conduct and follow up on an audit using the latest techniques and tools.
How will you benefit?
- Identify the key aims and benefits of an ISO 45001 audit
- Learn how to plan, conduct and follow-up an audit
- Learn to apply risk-based thinking and leadership skills
- Gain formal recognition of your knowledge, understanding, and confidence to apply your skills in your organization
- Keep advancing your career progression and gain access to a wider range of higher-level and more advanced specialized qualifications
- Access a global community of like-minded and qualified professionals to share experiences and practical advice to use in your everyday life
Which qualification will I achieve?
On successful completion of your qualification, you’ll receive a BSI Mark of Trust that can be shared across within your organization and across your network of contacts.
ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Practitioner qualification includes:
ISO 45001:2018 Requirements
- Understand what an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S MS) is
- Learn why an OH&S MS is important to an organization and its benefits
- Gain an understanding of the background of ISO 45001 and its intended outcome
- Understand the terms and definitions used as well as the key concepts and structure of ISO 45001
- Learn the main requirements of ISO 45001
ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor (5 days classroom – in-person or virtual)
- Learn the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system
- Be able to explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate
- Gain the skills required to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate
Each module is followed by a mandatory online multiple-choice examination. Delegates must pass the examination to be awarded the qualification.
Anyone with the need to audit an organization's OH&S management system.
After completing your Practitioner level qualification, why not undertake the next step and become an ISO 45001 Internal Auditor Professional qualification holder. Professional level takes you beyond conformity audits and develops your ability to audit improvement initiatives.
The focus of this advanced qualification is to expand upon process improvement approaches that can help strengthen and improve your organization’s quality management system.
The final step on the Auditor qualification pathway provides the opportunity to get your Professional Auditor qualification certified. Demonstrating that you have applied everything that you have learned in practice and in your work.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.