Lead/Internal Auditor Professional Qualification
Lead/Internal Auditor Professional QualificationLevel Professional Duration 3 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training Request a quote BSI Qualifications Guide
Download the qualifications guide (PDF) for more information.
The Professional step of our Internal or Lead Auditor qualification provides a standard-agnostic look into process improvement, taking you beyond conformity audits and developing your ability to audit improvement initiatives.
Whether you are an experienced Internal or Lead Auditor, the focus of this advanced qualification is to expand upon process improvement approaches that can help strengthen and improve your organization’s management system.
This is the perfect next step to build upon what you have learned in your Practitioner qualification and bring even more value to your organization.
How will you benefit?
- Demonstrate an understanding or process improvement methodologies
- Add value to your organization by being able to compile and communicate feedback to management to strengthen the management system
- Continue your career progression and development within your role
- Join a global community of qualified professionals to share experiences and practical advice to use in your everyday life
Which qualification will you achieve?
On successful completion of your Lead or Internal Auditor Professional qualification, you’ll receive an additional BSI Mark of Trust that can be shared across within your organization and across your network of contacts.
Your Mark of Trust will display the standard that you completed in your Practitioner qualification, for example if you completed ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Practitioner, you will be awarded the ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Professional Mark of Trust.
The Auditor Professional qualification includes:
- Process Improvement Introduction (1 day)
- Understand what process improvement is
- Understand the benefits of process improvement
- Identify a range of process improvement tools
- Process Improvement Auditor (2 day)
- Gain the skills to audit process improvement activities and approaches
- Understand how effective audit feedback supports a process improvement culture within an organization
Each module is followed by a mandatory online multiple-choice examination. Delegates must pass the examination to be awarded the qualification.
- Those looking to build upon their knowledge of auditing by exploring process improvement activities
- Those that have already acquired a good level of auditing experience
- Those involved in the maintaining and supervising of a management system
Completion of any of our Internal or Lead Auditor Practitioner qualifications to move on to the Auditor Professional qualification.
A 3-year rolling program validating practical application of skills and continuing professional development. Applicants will complete a form and attach evidence of recent internal audits with feedback in support of their application.
Completion of any Internal or Lead Auditor Professional qualification to apply to become Certified. Applicants will need to have completed three internal audits within the last three years from the date of application.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.