It is recommended to always have your “BSOL Suggestions” turned on. This feature works when entering your search term, and the selectable auto suggestions feature will display the most relevant matches. These types of searches will return results of all versions of related standards including, current, withdrawn and draft versions.
If you are struggling to find the standard required, Advanced Search should be used. Below are a few benefits of the Advanced Search function which will allow you to gain a high level understanding of what the service can offer. See how it can benefit you and your organization further.
- Using Advanced Search by status will allow you to identify the status of the standard whether it is confirmed, draft for public comment, work in hand, withdrawn etc
- If you are wanting to search for a specific standard be it International or British, Advanced Search can be used to search for the publishers (ASTM, BSI, CENELEC, IEC, ISO)
- If you are looking for historical data on a particular standard you are able to search by publication date, this will allow you to identify documents that have been published within a defined period of time
- Having access to BSOL allows you to search for standards within the 60 different modules available
- You can also search by ICS category, which is the international classification system for standards
The value of the Search Function
There is great value in the search function, and one that you generally should be using for example; you are able to search for standards that are most important to you with great ease. Using this feature allows you to narrow down your searches to standards which matter to you. Our customers have saved time and effort and have found the standards that they are looking for that much quicker, allowing them to concentrate on more important things.
Interested in finding out more about the search feature click here