BSOL collection covers specifications, procedures and tests for use by welders, quality controllers and manufacturers. Developed by BSI, the world`s first and oldest National Standards Body, this unique resource gives you an access to over 5,000 current internationally recognized standards.
Download our brochure to view the full list of welding standards
This series provides general guidance and definitions for the welding standards portfolio. It contains qualification standards for welding personnel and welding procedures. Key standards:
- BS EN 1011 Series covers general welding guidelines.
- BS EN ISO 5817 provides quality levels of imperfections in fusion-welded joints in al types of steel, nickel, titanium and their alloys.
- BS EN ISO 3834 series. Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials
Welding process and equipment
This standards collection covers a wide range of welding processes as well as guidelines for welding procedures, equipment and consumables.
Health & Safety
The safety, reliability and cost effectiveness of welded products requires the welds to be of adequate quality. This series of standards assists in ensuring best practice and risk reduction. Key standards:
- BS EN ISO 15011 Series. BS EN ISO 15012 Series. Health and safety in welding and allied processes.
- BS 7910 Guide to methods for assessing the acceptability of flaws in metallic structures.
- BS 7608 Code of practice for fatique design and assessment of steel structures.
By definition, non destructive testing is the testing of materials for surface or internal flaws or metallurgical condition, without interfering with the integrity of the material or its suitability for service. There are several different methods: ultrasonic, radiographic, penetration testing, industrial computed tomography, infrared thermography, magnetic particle inspection, eddy current methods and acoustic emisson / leak detection. .
- BS EN ISO 17635 Non-destructive testing of welds. General rules for metallic materials.
- BS EN ISO 17637 Non-destructive testing of welds. Visual testing of fusion-welded joints.
login to BSOL to view the full standards collection
Go back to the BSOL manufacturing page