What does PCI DSS cover?
PCI DSS provides confidence to stakeholders that payment card data is secure. It makes sure that organizations consider the people, processes and technologies involved in payment card processing systems. It covers the 12 main requirements under the following categories:
- Build and maintain a secure network and systems
- Protect card holder data
- Maintain a vulnerability management programme
- Implement strong access control measures
- Regular monitor and test networks
- Maintain an information security policy