Securing ICS: Becoming an Industrial Cyber Security Professional
Securing ICS: Becoming an Industrial Cyber Security ProfessionalLevel Specialist Duration 5 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training £3195 + VAT View dates and book now
The Securing ICS: Becoming an Industrial Cybersecurity Professional Course is designed to provide those at IT/operational level (or equivalent) with an understanding of today’s cyber security challenges facing their ICS environments. The course will show how to combine the disciplines of IT, Operational Technology (OT), physical security and facilities management to show how to best support organisations’ cyber security and risk mitigation strategies for their ICS environments. In addition, it will provide the knowledge level required to challenge the GICSP certification.
The course follows a whole lifecycle approach for designing, implementing, monitoring and decommissioning an ICS and covers the following modules:
• ICS Basics (for non-OT attendees)
• Cyber security essentials (for the OT attendees)
• ICS security governance and security risk
• ICS Architecture
• ICS Hardening
• Access Management
• Physical Security
• ICS Security Assessments
• ICS Security monitoring
• Incident Management
• Exam Preparation
This course has been designed for an attendee to be trained to a level that allows them to undertaking the GIAC GICSP certificate, although the exam is not included in the course.
By the end of the course, you will be familiar with:
• What exactly is an ICS?
• How to identify what current and emerging threats your ICS environments face
• Where your ICS environments may be vulnerable
• What actions you need to take to secure those environments and help reduce the risk
• How to prepare for and manage a cyber security incident in those environments
• Prepare for attempting the GICSP exam
If you are an IT, OT or physical security professional responsible or accountable for any ICS environment and/or people working on securing these systems including:
• Business Technical/Engineering/Procurement Lead
• ICS Policy/Decision maker
• Site/Asset Single Point of Accountability (SPA) for security and/or incident response
• Site/Asset IT Manager
• Site/Asset Physical security/Facilities Management professional
• ICS Consultant
• Integration professional
…then this course is for you.
It provides an in-depth understanding across multiple industry sectors of what the current standards and regulations are, what the cyber risks are and the threats facing today’s systems. In addition, it discusses how, through a lifecycle of a system, the need for accurate monitoring and assessment is required as well as how to forward plan to reduce these risks. Lastly, it discusses how to plan for, identify, respond to and recover from, a cyber incident.
There are no pre-requisites for this course and no laptop is required. However, all attendees need a good understanding of either basic IT or OT skills. A handbook of supporting material is provided which can be used by those undertaking the exam.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.