PIMS BS 10012:2017 Requirements
PIMS BS 10012:2017 RequirementsLevel Understanding Duration 1 day Available to book: In-house Request a quote
BS 10012:2017 provides a framework for a Personal Information Management System (PIMS). It will help you to maintain and improve compliance with data protection legislation within your organization and provide assurance to your stakeholders.
This one-day course will introduce you to the principles of BS 10012:2017. It will help you understand how BS 10012:2017 aligns with the key privacy principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the roles individuals will need to play.
With the full support of a world-class BSI tutor, you’ll learn about the BS 10012:2017 standard, common terms and definitions, and the key concepts and requirements.
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the importance and benefits of having an effective PIMS in place
- Understand the content of BS 10012:2017, your requirements, and how it will improve your business
- Identify and manage risks to personal information
- Support regulatory compliance with data protection legislation
- Inspire customer trust
- Protect your organization’s reputation
- Benchmark your organization’s personal information management practices with recognized best practice
- Integrate BS 10012:2017 with other management system standards
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to explain:
- What a PIMS is, why it’s important, and how it can benefit your organization
- The key terms and definitions used
- The main requirements of BS 10012:2017 (e.g. embedding the PIMS in an organization’s culture, addressing risks and opportunities and setting PIMS objectives)
- The key concepts and structure of BS 10012:2017
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing and maintaining of a BS 10012:2017 Personal Information Management System
We recommend that you have a general awareness of a PIMS and a basic understanding of data protection principles and terminology.
We also recommend that you have an understanding of whether a PIMS is currently employed in your organization.
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.