ISO/IEC 27032:2012 Guidelines for Cybersecurity Training Course
ISO/IEC 27032:2012 Guidelines for Cybersecurity Training CourseLevel Specialist Duration 2 days Available to book: In-house Request a quote
The cyberspace is a complex environment, involving different types of interactions between people, software, hardware and physical locations. This means the security requirements vary depending upon use, criticality and sensitivity of the information, as well as the level of collaboration between stakeholders.
International Standards such as ISO/IEC 27002 provide some best practice recommendations on information security controls, however risks relating to cybersecurity need extra technical guidance including:
- Social engineering attacks
- Proliferation of malicious software (malware)
- Other potentially unwanted software
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify key benefits associated with using ISO/IEC 27032 to protect information assets which could be affected by cybersecurity threats
- Understand the ISO/IEC 27032 best practice guidance and techniques related to cybersecurity
- Understand the rationale behind the processes, the use and the implementation of ISO/IEC 27032
- Understand the issues organizations face when dealing with cybersecurity
- Understand the best practice approaches to adopt in order to address and manage issues related to cybersecurity
- Understand how to prepare for and respond to cybersecurity threats
- Determine and implement appropriate collaboration between different stakeholders to ensure effective responses to incidents
You will be able to:
- Explain the nature of the cyberspace and cybersecurity
- Who the cybersecurity stakeholders are and what their roles are
- Recognise what assets, stakeholders, threats and vulnerabilities exist in the cyberspace
- Identify methods for ensuring cybersecurity attack readiness
- Explain the benefits of implementing ISO/IEC 27032
- Utilize the risk management principles to identify and respond to cybersecurity risks
- Integrate the key concepts and requirements of ISO/IEC 27032 into an ISO/IEC 27001:2013 compliant information security management system (ISMS)
- Implement the topics covered in ISO/IEC 27032 in your organization
Anyone who wants to learn:
- How to identify, analyse and evaluate risks associated with cybersecurity
- What techniques, methods and controls can be implemented in order to help mitigate cybersecurity risks
- What ongoing governance, risk monitoring and collaboration processes can be implemented to ensure that cybersecurity issues continue to be appropriately managed
The course is applicable to individuals from any size or type of organization who is currently, or will in the future, be involved in planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or assessing information security, particularly as it relates to cybersecurity.
You should have a basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27002:2013, as well as an understanding of the key principles of an information security management system.
It would be advantageous to have a basic understanding of risk management techniques and processes and knowledge of ISO/IEC 27005 or ISO 31000.
We also recommend that you have an awareness of cybersecurity issues and basic understanding of information security principles and terminology.
Some delegates on this course will have already attended our Information Security Management System (ISMS) Requirements of ISO 27001:2013, Information Security Management System (ISMS) Implementing ISO/IEC 27001:2013 course or Information Security Risk Management Training Course ISO/IEC 27005:2011.
We also recommend delegates have an understanding of the risk assessment approach currently employed in their organizations, should one exist.
- Detailed course notes are provided
- On completion you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.