ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Lead Auditor Practitioner Qualification
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Lead Auditor Practitioner QualificationLevel Practitioner Duration 5.5 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training Request a quote BSI Qualifications Guide
Download the qualifications guide (PDF) for more information.
By taking this first step on your auditor qualification journey you will allow your audit requirement to benefit from a qualified Lead Auditor Practitioner. With this qualification, you’ll gain the confidence and the skills you need to lead audits and prepare for third-party ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) assessments with ease. You’ll build on everything you learned on the ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor training qualification, and like other Lead Auditors, you’ll grow in confidence at leading teams.
All information security auditors would benefit from this qualification, as well as those wishing to expand their skills or give consultancy advice on ISO/IEC 27001:2022 ISMS Auditing.
How will you benefit?
- Gain the skills you need to plan, conduct, report and follow up on an ISMS audit in line with ISO 19011
- Test your skills with a written exam
- Grow your confidence and gain the ability to lead an ISMS audit team
- Achieve formal recognition of your knowledge and ability to directly apply your skills in your organization
- Continue advancing your career progression and get access to a wider range of higher-level and more advanced specialized qualifications
- Access a global community of like-minded and qualified professionals to share experiences and practical advice to use in your everyday life
Which qualification will you achieve?
On successful completion of your qualification, you’ll receive a BSI Mark of Trust that can be shared across within your organization and across your network of contacts.
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Lead Auditor Practitioner qualification includes:
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Requirements
- Understand what information security management (ISM) is, the benefits, and why ISM is important to an organization
- Gain an understanding of the background of ISO/IEC 27001/2
- Learn the terms and definitions used and the key concepts and principles of ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Understand the main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2022
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Lead Auditor (5 days classroom – in-person or virtual)
- Understand the purpose of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and ISMS standards
- Learn the benefits of management system audit
- Gain third-party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an Information Security MS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- Have the skills to plan, conduct, report, and follow up an audit of an ISMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO/IEC 27001/2, ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
Each module is followed by a mandatory online multiple-choice examination. Delegates must pass the examination to be awarded the qualification.
This course is suitable for those wishing to lead audits of ISMS in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001 (either as a 2nd party, or 3rd party auditor), those wishing to learn about effective audit practices. Security and quality professionals, existing information security auditors who wish to expand their auditing skills and consultants who wish to provide advice on ISO/IEC 27001:2022 ISMS Auditing.
You should have a good knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 and the key principles of an ISMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our one day requirements course. It will also help if you have attended an internal or lead auditor course or have experience with conducting internal or supplier audits.
After completing your Practitioner level qualification, why not undertake the next step and become an ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Internal Auditor Professional qualification holder. Professional level takes you beyond conformity audits and develops your ability to audit improvement initiatives.
The focus of this advanced qualification is to expand upon process improvement approaches that can help strengthen and improve your organization’s quality management system.
The final step on the Auditor qualification pathway provides the opportunity to get your Professional Auditor qualification certified. Demonstrating that you have applied everything that you have learned in practice and in your work.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.