ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Practitioner Qualification
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Practitioner QualificationLevel Practitioner Duration 5.5 days Available to book: Instructor led training Virtual instructor led training Request a quote BSI Qualifications guide
Download our qualifications guide (PDF) for more information.
This first step on your auditor qualification journey will give you the foundational knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) standard and the understanding of the key principles. You’ll understand how to build relationships with stakeholders, and how to lead and manage an audit team in your organization. Led by expert BSI trainers, this qualification is designed for anyone who needs to audit an organization’s ISO 9001:2015 QMS.
Unlock the understanding you need for managing quality and driving improvements across an organization.
How will you benefit?
- Gain the skills you need to plan, conduct, report and follow up on a QMS audit
- Understand the key benefits and requirements of an ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- Achieve formal recognition of your knowledge and the ability to apply your skills within your organization
- Advance your career progression and continue your learning journey to unlock further qualifications to allow development within your role
- Access a global community of like-minded and qualified professionals to share experiences and practical advice to use in your everyday life
Which qualification will I achieve?
On successful completion of your qualification, you’ll receive a BSI Mark of Trust that can be shared across within your organization and across your network of contacts.
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Practitioner qualification includes:
ISO 9001:2015 Requirements
- Learn the importance and benefits of an ISO 9001:2015 QMS
- Understand the key requirements and terms and definitions of ISO 9001:2015
- Recognize the structure of ISO 9001:2015, which incorporates the Annex SL common framework for management system standards
- Understand main concepts such as risk-based thinking, process approach, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and 7 management principles.
ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor (5 days classroom – in-person or virtual)
- On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to perform first, second and third-party audits of quality management systems against ISO 9001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
- Explain the purpose of a QMS and QMS standards and its business benefits
- Learn management system audit
- Gain third-party certification
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a QMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
- Gain the stills to plan, conduct, and report an audit
- Understand how to follow-up an audit of a QMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
Each module is followed by a mandatory online multiple-choice examination. Delegates must pass the examination to be awarded the qualification.
Anyone with the need to audit an organization's ISO 9001:2015 QMS.
After completing your Practitioner level qualification, why not undertake the next step and become an ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Professional qualification holder. Professional level takes you beyond conformity audits and develops your ability to audit improvement initiatives.
The focus of this advanced qualification is to expand upon process improvement approaches that can help strengthen and improve your organization’s quality management system.
The final step on the Auditor qualification pathway provides the opportunity to get your Professional Auditor qualification certified. Demonstrating that you have applied everything that you have learned in practice and in your work.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.