ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course
ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Training CourseLevel Lead auditor Duration 5 days Available to book: Instructor led training £2365 + VAT View dates and book now Available to quote: In-house Request a quote
This five-day training course teaches you how to take the lead on auditing an operational health and safety (OH&S) management system. You’ll gain the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in line with ISO 45001. At the end of the course, you'll have the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and skills through continual course assessment and a post-course online exam.
The training is suitable for anyone who already has good knowledge of management systems, the Plan, Do, Check Act (PDCA) cycle, ISO 45001, and occupational health and safety management. Through a mix of practical experience and activity-based learning, you’ll build on this knowledge to learn all the skills needed to lead an audit in your organization. Whether you take the course live and online or in person in a classroom, you’ll benefit from expert tuition and some homework across the five days.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to explain the role of an auditor, the purpose of an OH&S management system, and how it benefits your organization.
How will you benefit?
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 45001 audit
- Plan, conduct and follow up an audit using the latest, effective techniques
- Apply risk-based thinking and leadership skills
- Build confidence across your organization
- Gain an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
On completion, you'll gain the knowledge to:
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate
On completion, you'll gain the skills to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate
- Anyone with the need to audit an organization's OH&S management system
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement
Occupational health and safety management
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing our ISO 45001 Requirements training course, or the equivalent
- Detailed course notes provided.
- On completion you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
- Further information: You will sit a two-hour exam to test your knowledge, and your skills will be continually assessed. You must succeed in both elements to pass the course.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.