ISO 20400 Sustainable procurement awareness on-demand training course
ISO 20400 Sustainable procurement awareness on-demand training courseLevel Understanding Duration 30 minutes Available to book: On-demand elearning £85 + VAT Book now Available to quote: In-house Buy multiple licences
This course raises awareness of the role and importance of procurement in contributing to sustainability, and an organization’s own sustainability initiatives. The course will introduce learners to procurement principles and practices, in particular, the concept of the ‘five rights of procurement’, and how these contribute to sustainable procurement policy and practice.
This short on-demand awareness course provides a formal definition of sustainable procurement, based on ISO 20400:2017 guidelines, and will outline the central role that procurement plays in providing financial and other benefits to organizations.
The course emphasizes the important role that sustainable procurement plays in achieving positive environmental, social, and economic outcomes, creating value for the customer, it’s contribution to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and how individuals in an organization play an important part in an organization’s sustainable procurement activities.
Having a consistent level of awareness across an organization can support employees to make informed decisions, enabling them to navigate complex situations with clarity and confidence. Ensuring everyone has a shared fundamental understanding of your management system can help embed continual improvement and maximize the benefits of having ISO 20400.
On-demand - training that’s even more flexible
BSI’s on-demand courses are market-leading and available 24/7. Developed by top subject matter experts, they contain the same high-quality content you will find in our tutor-led training, but with the added benefit of being able to learn at your own pace and at any time.
How will learners benefit?
This course will help you and your teams to:
- Improve your knowledge and understanding of procurement, and its role and contribution to sustainability
- To take informed procurement decisions, enhancing your organizations sustainability performance
- Identify, through procurement decisions, opportunities to reduce negative impacts on the environment and wider sustainability concerns
- Support your organization in its wider social, economic, and environmental sustainability efforts
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Define sustainable procurement
- Recognize the financial impacts of procurement
- Describe how procurement contributes to sustainable development goals
- Explain how sustainable procurement activities can benefit and contribute to a fairer society and economy
- Identify how you contribute to your organization's sustainable procurement activities
Sustainable procurement is relevant to any organization, in any sector, in any country, through their supply chain management activities, operations, and business relationships.
Sustainable procurement is also relevant across functions, and at different levels, so awareness and understanding is necessary across an entire organization.
Suggested job roles include:
- General employees and those new to sustainable procurement
- Employees with responsibility for sustainable procurement policy and practice
- Employees involved in, and with responsibilities for, making sustainable procurement decisions
- This is an online, interactive on-demand course.
- The course content is both detailed and engaging, with explanations, activities, and knowledge checks to enhance your learning.
- On completion, delegates will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.