Introduction to the UN Sustainability Development Goals
Introduction to the UN Sustainability Development GoalsLevel Understanding Duration 4 hours Available to book: In-house Request a quote
Environmental management is no longer a moral choice but a business necessity. Organizations that recognize the benefits of a sustainable model are best positioned to thrive in changing environmental conditions. This course will help you understand the purpose and gain awareness of the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for your organization.
As a leader, sustainability or environment manager, or operational member of staff, your commitment, practical understanding and support is crucial to the success of your organization’s adoption and implementation of the UN SDGs. This essentials training course highlights the benefits of an effective commitment to the UN SDGs and introduces you to the key concepts and signposts to the relevant associated standards and current case studies.
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the role your organization can play in meeting the ambitious targets of the UN SDGs, at strategic, tactical and operational levels
- Demonstrate your organization’s commitment and alignment to the UN SDGs
- Ensure UN SDG targets and objectives are established at all business levels and functions
- Inform the allocation of resources to the development and implementation of your commitment to the UN SDGs
- Participate in improvement projects and show support by leading by example
- Communicate the importance of meeting customer, regulatory and other requirements
- Demonstrate how you can consider the UN SDGs in your everyday work
You will learn about:
- Leadership responsibilities, decision making and operational process in line with the adoption of UN SDGs
- Organizational context, potential risks and opportunities
- Setting the policy and direction of your organizations commitment to the UN SDGs
- Considerations for integrating the UN SDGs into business strategy, decision making and operations
- Methods to demonstrate active leadership in ensuring requirements are met
Senior managers of organizations responsible for implementing sustainability or running sustainable projects. Sustainability or environment managers in organizations. Operational staff involved in overseeing and delivering business processes.
- Detailed course notes provided
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.