Fundamentals of Computer Forensics training course
Fundamentals of Computer Forensics training courseLevel Understanding Duration 1 day Available to book: Instructor led training £500 + VAT Book your place Available to quote: In-house Request a quote
Are you involved in computer forensics? Do you need to understand how to quickly respond to incidents and be best placed to carry out a digital forensic investigation? If so our Fundamentals of Computer Forensics course is for you.
By attending this one-day course you'll learn about the computer forensics investigation process, including legal and industry compliance, how to correctly respond to potential investigations and how to understand the results. It involves hands-on experience with a sample forensic case that will allow you to put tools like EnCase, Clearwell and Cellebrite into practice.
This training will help you identify what information to preserve so that common mistakes that often arise early in the investigation process are avoided. Plus you'll gain insight into what devices hold the most information and how sources such as PCs, smart phones and the internet are investigated.
How will I benefit?
- You'll understand the computer forensic investigation process
- Builds your confidence to respond correctly to forensics investigations
- Gain insight into what devices hold the most information and how sources such as PCs and Smartphones are investigated
- You'll be able to ensure the correct information is preserved
- Introduction to computer forensics: principles, methodologies and guidelines
- The relationship between security, forensics and eDiscovery
- Incident response procedure, including the first responder role
- The forensic investigation process
- How to acquire the different types of data
- Computer forensic tools such as EnCase, Clearwell and Cellebrite
- How to handle evidence: chain of custody
- How to perform forensic analysis
- How to comply with legal and industry regulations
- Sample case: conducting a forensic analysis
Those who are involved in computer forensic investigations, including:
- IT security officers
- IT managers
- HR personnel
- Legal professionals
- Individuals responsible for internal disciplinary issues/monitoring
- Comprehensive course materials
- Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) Good Practice Guidelines
- BSI first responder checklist
- EU & Irish legislation governing digital forensics
- Disc of open source forensic tools
- A certificate of attendance
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.