An Introduction to Asset Management Auditing
An Introduction to Asset Management AuditingLevel Internal auditor Duration 1 day Available to book: Instructor led training £775 + VAT View dates and book now Available to quote: In-house Request a quote
The BSI Training Academy can teach you the essential knowledge and skills an internal auditor needs, along with the areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools.
The adoption of an AMS is intended to help an organization realize the value from its assets, satisfying stakeholder requirements, and supporting the delivery of broader organizational objectives, through continually improving its asset management performance and achieving its asset management objectives. An internal audit is an essential element to an effective AMS, and by attending this course you will benefit by learning and developing the skills necessary to assess an organization’s ability to achieve these intended outcomes.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the implementation and effectiveness of processes based on ISO 55001. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports, and complete follow-up activities.
The British Standards Institution (BSI, a company incorporated by Royal Charter), performs the National Standards Body activity (NSB) in the UK. BSI, together with other BSI Group Companies, also offers a broad portfolio of business solutions other than the NSB activity that help businesses worldwide to improve results through Standards-based best practice (such as certification, self-assessment tools, software, product testing, information products and training). Training courses are provided by BSI as part of its non-NSB services.
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Recognize areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 55001 audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an ISO 55001 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s ability to manage its asset management activities, AMS, and realize asset management objectives.
You will learn about:
- The guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011
- The application of these guidelines to auditing ISO 55001
Have the knowledge to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow up
Have the skills to:
- Generate audit checklists
- Develop audit questions
Anyone involved in auditing, maintaining, supporting or supervising, of an ISO 55001 management system.
You should have a good knowledge of ISO 55001, and the key principles of an AMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our Requirements of BS ISO 55001 course; as the requirements of ISO 55001 are not taught on this course.
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.