BSI BIM training can help support your strategic direction, prove competency, and embed the knowledge of BIM in your organization.
Asset and facility managers, asset contractors and in-house teams responsible for aspects of maintenance will benefit from this BSI course. It follows BIM fundamentals and provides an understanding of the information management process for asset operation.
Expert trainers take you through the BSI ISO 19650 series, in particular ISO 19650-3 and 19650-2. You will explore information management pathways, information requirements and trigger events, and learn how to establish and maintain the asset information model, combining operational and delivery phase information management using common data environment (CDE) processes.
By the end of the course, you’ll understand both owner/operator and supply-side perspectives and learn how to respond to invitations to tender or requests for service.
How will I benefit?
- Understand the key information management processes
- Be able to manage ISO 19650 Parts 2 and 3 in parallel
- Recognize the role of the asset information model and the need to maintain it
- Understand how to formulate information requirements for the operational phase of an asset
- Gain an internationally recognized BSI certificate
Who should attend?
Asset managers and facility managers working on behalf of an asset owner or operator. Asset contractors or in-house teams delivering maintenance, repairs, minor refurbishment works, condition surveys.
People working on projects (client side or supply side) may find it helpful to understand how operational information gets specified by the asset owner/operator and incorporated into project Exchange Information Requirements.
This course is designed for those who have some knowledge of collaborative BIM (who may previously have attended BIM Fundamentals or equivalent).
Attendees should have day-to-day involvement with, or responsibility for, asset management, particularly the information management aspects of buildings and infrastructure assets.
What will I learn?
You should gain the following knowledge/skills:
- How key ISO 19650 asset information management processes are applied during the operational phase of an asset’s lifecycle
- How to formulate information requirements for the operational phase of an asset
- How asset information is delivered and reviewed through CDE processes
- How asset management information (ISO 19650-3) and project delivery information (ISO 19650-2) can be managed in parallel
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.