Gain the confidence to effectively audit a QMS in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques. Demonstrate your commitment to quality by transforming existing auditor skills to ISO 9001:2015. Consolidate your expertise with the latest developments and contribute to the continual improvement of the organization.
You’ll grasp the key principles and practices of effective QMS audits in line with ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 19011:2018 “Guidelines for auditing management systems”.
Using a step-by-step approach, you’ll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up. You’ll gain the knowledge and skills required to undertake and lead a successful management systems audit. Learn to describe the purpose of an ISO 9001:2015 QMS audit and satisfy third-party certification. You’ll acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow up a QMS audit that establishes conformity and enhances overall organizational performance.
You will sit a 2-hour exam to test your knowledge and understanding.
CQI and IRCA course reference number: 17955.
How will I benefit?
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 9001:2015 audit
- Interpret ISO 9001:2015 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by managing processes in line with the latest requirements
- Meet training requirements for CQI and IRCA certification
- Anyone with the need to audit an organization's ISO 9001:2015 QMS
You should have a good knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 and the key principles of a QMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO 9001:2015 Requirements course. It will also help if you have attended an internal or lead auditor course or have experience with conducting internal or supplier audits.
On completion, successful delegates will have the knowledge and skills to perform first, second and third-party audits of quality management systems against ISO 9001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Explain the purpose of:
- A QMS
- QMS standards
- Management system audit
- Third-party certification
- Business benefits
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up a QMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
Have the skills to:
- Report, and
- Follow-up an audit of a QMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011, and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
- A copy of the standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015
- Detailed course notes
- CQI and IRCA certified training course certificate
- You will gain 40 CPD points on completing the course
This course is certified by CQI and IRCA (the Chartered Quality Institute and the International Register of Certificated Auditors) and meets the training requirements for CQI and IRCA Quality Management Systems Auditor Certification.
Due to changes announced by CQI and IRCA we must make you aware that:
In order to accurately record the delegates that they are certifying, CQI and IRCA now require that we provide them with your contact details (name, surname and email address).
We have been assured by CQI and IRCA that delegate data will be handled and stored confidentially and securely, and that any marketing communications between CQI and IRCA and you will be limited to the promotion of CQI and IRCA and their qualifications programmes, and that this will be strictly on an opt-in basis.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please do not hesitate to contact the BSI training team on +44 345 086 9000.