Lean Practitioner (ISO 18404) Training Course
Lean methods provide a simple and effective approach to identifying and removing waste in processes thereby increasing the speed, efficiency and effectiveness of an organizations operations.
This interactive and highly practical three day course will provide first-hand experience of the approaches and tools of Lean that are used to affect continual improvement (a goal for most organizations and a requirement of standards such as ISO 9001:2015).
Who should attend?
- This course is aimed at anyone who wants to apply effective and structured Lean continual improvement techniques and methodologies to help their organization make step change improvements in quality and efficiency
Attendance at BSI's 'Lean Six Sigma Foundation Green Belt Course', undertaking equivalent training, or some prior experience of implementing Lean methods is highly recommended.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the Lean principles and many of the tools and techniques of continual improvement
- Correctly select and apply Lean continual improvement tools within your work place in order to reduce wasteful activities, increase process velocity and create value adding customer products and services
- Use total productive maintenance (TPM) methodologies, 5S, and SMED to reduce machine and system downtime and enhance process performance
- Demonstrate to the organization and workplace teams that simple Lean tools can be applied to improve employee engagement and daily/weekly continual improvement
- Use Lean measures and metrics to correctly quantify process performance
- Use the Kaizen approach to implement quick improvements using Lean tools and techniques
- Relate effective Lean continual improvement activities to the management of organizational quality and efficiency
How will I benefit
This course will help you:
- Gain the confidence to apply Lean methodologies and some of the key tools that are used in Lean organizations
- Correctly quantify process performance and quickly implement improvements where needed
- Develop professionally and network with likeminded peers
- Receive a BSI Certificate
- Detailed course notes and lunch are provided
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
40 minute examination at the end of Day 3. 70% pass mark (retake exam available). Delegates may require a calculator for some questions
*Terms and conditions
Applies to selected courses in the UK only. Discount applies to second and third delegates where the booking is for the same course and taking place in 2018. All bookings must be made before 31 October. Moves, changes and cancellation are not permitted. Payment required or invoice issued at the time of bookings. No refunds. Discount does not apply to BSI re-sellers or consultants. Offer not valid for online bookings; this is a telephone exclusive offer. Call our training team on 0345 086 9000 to book. To view the exact discount per course, please click here.