What will I learn?
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence qualification consists of one Unit which must be completed to gain the qualification. The course comprises three elements:
- The foundations of health & safety leadership
- Human failure and decision making
With topics including:
- The business benefits of health and safety leadership (including the moral, legal and financial arguments)
- The effects of good health and safety leadership of safety culture
- Human failures
- The HSE's 'Make it happen' model
- Decision making processes including mental short cuts and perception biases
- Leadership styles
- The HSE's five leadership values
- Building relationships with the workforce
The course is assessed by an assessment which includes a leadership intervention that the Learner is planning to undertake.