ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Internal Auditor Practitioner qualification
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Internal Auditor Practitioner qualificationLevel Practitioner Duration 2.5 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training Request a quote BSI Qualifications Guide
Download the qualifications guide (PDF) for more information.
Learn from the BSI experts by taking this first step on the auditor qualification pathway to discover the updated ISO/IEC 27001:2022 standard for Information Security Management (ISMS). Updated in 2022, the standard covers all the in-depth knowledge needed by IT, information security or systems managers, or anyone else involved in introducing the ISO/IEC 27001 to their organization.
You’ll learn the principles of auditing and how to carry out and follow up on a successful ISMS audit in line with the standard. If you already have some audit experience or want to build on your skills, this qualification will boost your confidence and your practical experience. You’ll qualify knowing how to confidently protect your organization’s information and how to make information security management as effective as possible.
How will you benefit?
- Understand the key components, principles and background of ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Confidently explain what an ISMS is and how it impacts your organization
- Identify and understand the key requirements of the ISO/IEC 27001
- Gain formal recognition of your knowledge and learn how to directly apply your skills in your organization
- Contribute to your career progression and unlock access to a wider range of higher-level and more advanced specialized qualifications
- Join a global community of qualified professionals to share experiences and practical advice to use in your everyday life
Which qualification will I achieve?
On successful completion of your qualification, you’ll receive a BSI Mark of Trust that can be shared across within your organization and across your network of contacts.
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Internal Auditor Practitioner qualification includes:
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Requirements
- Understand what information security management (ISM) is, the benefits, and why ISM is important to an organization
- Gain an understanding of the background of ISO/IEC 27001/2
- Learn the terms and definitions used and the key concepts and principles of ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Understand the main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2022
ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Internal Auditor (2 Days classroom – in-person or virtual)
- Learn the principles of auditing to ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Understand the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an ISMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Understand how to initiate and complete the audit
- Learn to prepare and conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Understand how to complete an audit follow up
- Be able to Audit an ISMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 27001
Each module is followed by a mandatory online multiple-choice examination. Delegates must pass the examination to be awarded the qualification.
- Anyone who is or will be coordinating internal audit activities within your organization
- Those who have a responsibility to audit an Information Security Management System
- Existing auditors who wish to refresh their skills
The course is aimed at those who already have an understanding of ISO/IEC 27001:2022. If you do not have this understanding, you're strongly recommended to attend the one-day requirements training course as the requirements of this standard are not taught on this internal auditor course.
After completing your Practitioner level qualification, why not undertake the next step and become an ISO/IEC 27001:2022 Internal Auditor Professional qualification holder. Professional level takes you beyond conformity audits and develops your ability to audit improvement initiatives.
The focus of this advanced qualification is to expand upon process improvement approaches that can help strengthen and improve your organization’s quality management system.
The final step on the Auditor qualification pathway provides the opportunity to get your Professional Auditor qualification certified. Demonstrating that you have applied everything that you have learned in practice and in your work.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.