Implementation of IVDR for CE Marking On-demand eLearning course
Implementation of IVDR for CE Marking On-demand eLearning courseLevel Implementation Duration 10 hours Available to book: On-demand elearning £1305 + VAT Book now
The In Vitro Diagnostic Devices Regulation (IVDR 2017/746) is the legislation detailing the requirements which manufacturers have to meet to place in vitro diagnostic devices on the market in the European Union. This training course aims to offer guidance on implementation of the requirements stipulated in the IVDR into your business.
The Regulation contains detailed requirements that need to be implemented, and will affect all IVD manufacturers, importers, distributors, and EU Representatives.
The IVDR focusses on devices to be safe and effective, emphasizing pre-market requirements, conformity assessment, post-market-surveillance (PMS), and traceability.
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Take the necessary steps for your organization to meet the IVDR requirement
- Implement the requirements of the European In Vitro Diagnostics Devices Regulation
- Execute robust and compliant performance evaluation and post market follow up studies
- Guide and support other people and partner organisations affected by IVDR
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Develop a strategy for regulatory compliance as stipulated by IVDR
- Recognise the roles and responsibilities of Economic Operators (legal manufacturer, Authorised representative, Importer and Distributor) and other Key Players (Notified Body, Competent Authority, significant subcontractors) under the IVDR
- Explore the role of the Notified Body
Implement requirements concerning the following steps for Placing on the Market:
- Scope and applicability of IVDR
- EU risk classification criteria for IVDs to determine “Risk Class”
- General Safety and Performance Requirements as the basis for CE Marking, including the use of standards and Common Specifications
- Risk Management and related planning
- Technical documentation
- Labelling and UDI
- Conformity assessment routes and their application based on risk-class
- Self-certification, CE-certification by Notified bodies
- Other key Regulations and Directives
- EUDAMED and registration
Plan post-market activities required by IVDR with respect to:
- Post-Market Surveillance and post-market Follow-Up
- Periodic reports, Vigilance, ad-hoc Reporting
- Risk management throughout the product lifecycle
- Involvement of authorities, scrutiny
- Notification of significant changes
Impart knowledge concerning IVDR requirements into your organization, e.g. in projects for CE-marking
The course is especially suitable for:
- RA, QM, and QA professionals who will be implementing the IVDR within their organisations
- Personnel concerned with certification or active in projects for CE-marking, including R&D scientists, production personnel, project management.
- Staff in contact with IVD Device manufacturers at companies which are partners to manufacturer, e.g. as subcontractor, crucial supplier, OEM, Authorized representative, importer, distributor, auditee
BSI’s on-demand courses are market-leading and available 24/7. Developed by top subject matter experts, they contain the same high-quality content you will find in our tutor-led training, but with the added benefit of being able to learn at your own pace and at any time.
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.