Enhanced security performance requirements for doorsets and windows in the UK. Doorsets and windows intended to offer a level of security suitable for dwellings and other buildings exposed to comparable risk
Enhanced security for windows and doors
What’s happened and why?
We’ve fully revised the standard that’s used to enhance the security of doorsets and windows.
What does PAS 24:2022 cover?
It specifies test methods and acceptance criteria for the enhanced security performance of doorsets and windows intended to resist the type of attack normally associated with casual or opportunistic burglars. It applies to new doorsets and windows as manufactured and prior to installation.
Why use PAS 24:2022?
- The usability of the standard has been improved with the clarification of test methods
- It’s been brought up to date with current criminal practice by incorporating new tools and test methods
- It helps manufacturers demonstrate their products offer enhanced security
- It helps specifiers meet Building Regulations and the requirements of the police’s “Secured by Design” scheme
- It can help users develop innovative products, improve efficiency and develop their expertise
- It promotes security and can help increase confidence in products