What’s happened and why?
Healthcare organizations everywhere are under increasing pressure to deliver more with less. This has led the international standards community to work with the healthcare sector on developing BS ISO 7101:2023. This sets out requirements for a healthcare quality management system designed to help healthcare organizations take bold steps to improve the quality of healthcare around the world.
What does BS ISO 7101:2023 cover?
It details requirements for a healthcare quality management system to help healthcare organizations:
- Demonstrate the ability to consistently meet service user and stakeholder requirements, as well as applicable statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Enhance the patient and service user experience and continually improve healthcare quality.
- Create and maintain processes that ensure timely, safe, effective, equitable and people-centred care.
BS ISO 7101:2023 is based on recognized international best practices and can be applied by any organization providing healthcare services, irrespective of type or size.
Why use BS ISO 7101:2023?
BS ISO 7101:2023 can help healthcare organizations improve the quality of healthcare. It can also help you to:
- Cope with increasing demand.
- Control costs and affordability.
- Meet patients and service user’s needs and expectations.
- Ensure effective use of innovation.
- Comply consistently with regulatory requirements.
- Develop greater resilience and sustainability.
- Strengthen risk management.