Making sustainable finance real
What’s happened and why?
BSI has published BS ISO 32210:2022 Sustainable finance. Guidance on the application of sustainability principles for organizations in the financial sector.
Based on PAS 7340:2020 Framework for embedding the principles of sustainable finance in financial services organizations. Guide, this international standard provides common terminology and a set of principles that financial sector organizations can use to become more sustainable.
What does BS ISO 32210:2022 cover?
It provides a framework for financial sector organizations that wish to be sustainable and better aligned with global initiatives like the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and the Paris Agreement. The standard provides guidance on how key sustainable finance principles can be integrated at the organizational level, into operations and core business strategy.
Why use BS ISO 32210:2022?
- It can help financial sector organizations to become sustainable
- It facilitates a shared understanding and greater collaboration in the sector around sustainability
- It supports the efficient, effective and consistent integration of sustainability
- Organizations can use it regardless of their level of expertise or capacity
- Its use drives value, continuous improvement, risk mitigation and sustainable growth
- It can help organizations demonstrate their alignment with wider environmental and social goals including the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement
- It can help financial sector organizations increase trust in their operations