New and improved NDT personnel certification standard reflects industry concerns
What’s happened and why?
The latest systematic review of the international standard on certifying industrial non-destructive testing (NDT) personnel revealed there was room for improvement. Users had fed back about areas of ambiguity. This has resulted in an updated standard, published in February 2022.
What does BS EN ISO 9712:2022 cover?
It specifies requirements for the qualification and certification of personnel who perform industrial non-destructive testing (NDT) using common methods.
Why use BS EN ISO 9712:2022?
- It can ensure the competence of personnel performing NDT
- It can Improve the efficiency with which users conduct NDT certifications
- It can develop the user’s expertise in NDT certification
- It can help strengthen organizational risk management
- It can help organizations meet their regulatory obligations
The standard’s use also supports UN Sustainable Development Goal 9 on industry, infrastructure and innovation.