This course will help you to understand the benefits of digitization, lean processes and collaborative approaches in the delivery and operation of built assets (buildings and infrastructure).
It will provide an introduction to ISO 19650, the international series of standards for building information modelling (BIM). It will also provide an introduction to how clients and supply chains need to work together to manage project and asset information successfully.
Finally, the course will discuss the different types of change that are needed to put collaborative BIM into practice and enable you to start creating your own action plan for your organization’s next steps.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the business and standards landscape around BIM
- Introduce collaborative BIM to your project and asset teams
- Appreciate the steps in procuring, managing and delivering information
- Understand customer and supply-side responsibilities for collaborative BIM
- Work out what your organization should do next to start putting BIM into practice
Who should attend?
Senior managers tasked with understanding and then championing collaborative BIM processes to their project delivery or asset management operations.
We strongly recommend you have experience of management engagement with project and asset portfolio activities.
What will I learn?
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the benefits that your organization could gain from BIM
- Understand the types of change needed by your organization’s people, processes and technologies
- Recognize customer drivers for BIM and plan standardized supply-side responses
- Explain the key principles in BIM standards
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.