IECQ Approved Process Certification
IECQ AP Scheme
If your organization manufacturers electronic components - or the parts, accessories and materials for electronic components - acquiring certification under the IECQ Approved Process Scheme offers significant business benefits.
Designed to complement and enhance your IECQ Approved Component Scheme Certification for finished components, IECQ Approved Process Certification allows you to certify specific processes and specialist services, that contribute to manufacturing high quality electronic components and component parts.
IECQ AP Certification - What it means for you
The diverse and complex nature of the components industry means it is often difficult and time consuming for larger electrical companies to quality assess every component, component part and assembly process that goes into an end product.
IECQ Approved Process Certification minimizes risks by allowing you to verify the overall quality of products and systems of several different electronic component manufacturers, without needing to commission time and cost-intensive individual audits.
Acquiring certification is not only advantageous for electronics companies but offers a raft of benefits for component manufacturers.
Benefits of holding an IECQ AP certificate include:
- Access to new business – demonstrating compliance with the IECQ AP scheme gives customers assurance that their product’s components meet necessary regulatory and safety standards, offering greater peace of mind and securing access to new tenders and projects
- Minimizes risk – IECQ AP shows components or component parts have been assembled in accordance with required international safety and quality standards, reducing potential for product failures and costly product recalls
- Enhanced Quality System – Obtaining an IECQ AP certificate requires that a manufacturer’s quality management system meets the requirements of ISO 9001:2016, implementation of ISO 9001 creates smoother, more efficient processes and clear insight into opportunities for improvement
IECQ AP - Who is it for?
- Manufacturers and engineers of electronic and electrical components, including, suppliers of printed circuit boards, connectors and Electro Static Discharge (ESD) controls
- Supply chain and procurement managers
- Supporting services providers, including designers and producers of electronic device packaging, electroplaters and PCB mass laminators
Apply now for IECQ AP Certification
We provide a comprehensive range of IECQ testing and certification services, and custom testing for electronic component manufacturers. To enhance your brand with IECQ AP status, call our expert assessors now on +44 345 0765 606.