IECQ Approved Component Products, Related Materials and Assemblies Scheme
IECQ AC Scheme
If you manufacture electronic components, or produce materials and parts for electronic components (such as ceramic insulators for heating elements) acquiring IECQ AC certification is an effective way of demonstrating that your products and processes meet required industry standards and technical specifications.
IECQ Approved Component certification goes hand in hand with IECQ Approved Process (AP) certification. You can find out more about IECQ AP here >
IECQ Approved Component Certification – What it means for you
IECQ AC certification means that the components, related materials and assemblies you produce are manufactured using systems that have third-party assessments and are under constant surveillance by an independent, internationally accepted IECQ Certification Body, such as BSI.
Certification offers several advantages for electronic component manufacturers, including:
- Global customer confidence – IECQ AC certification provides independent assurance to industry customers, at home and in overseas markets, that a component manufacturer’s products, processes and facilities meet appropriate international safety and performance standards, in turn allowing their products to be easily accepted by retailers and vendors in different countries
- Improved productivity – Independent quality assessments eliminates the need for industry customers to commission individual test reports, accelerating project turnaround and product roll-out times
- Enhanced quality systems – To become an approved component manufacturer in the IECQ AC scheme, a manufacturer’s quality management system is also independently assessed to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, strengthening the organization’s reputation for using best-practice
- Increased business credibility – A key part of IECQ AP certification is regular monitoring of the manufacturer’s products and processes, enhancing credibility and attracting more customers
IECQ AC - Who is it for?
- Manufacturers of electronic and electrical components, including but not limited to, producers of silicon wafer slabs, integrated and discrete electronic components, connectors and printed wiring boards
- Manufacturers of component accessories, products or materials that assist in the use of components, for example, ceramic insulators and heat sinks etc, and electronics for the automotive industry
Apply now for IECQ AC Certification
We are the largest leading provider of IECQ certification with more full-time assessors than any other international certification body. We carefully match our assessors to your sector, giving you access to the latest industry knowledge.
To start creating more market opportunities for your company with an IECQ AC certificate, call our experts today on +44 345 0765 606.