Included in the BSI Kitemark scheme for these products is full Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) certification - BSI is now a UKAS accredited certification body to assess under MCS. Consumers who use installers and technologies certified to MCS may be eligible for Clean Energy Cash Back Incentives (Feed-In Tariffs). Feed-In Tariffs provide guaranteed payments to individuals, businesses and communities for small-scale electricity generation.
By achieving BSI Kitemark certification you can step ahead of your competitors and soon gain not only the MCS certification but the prestigious, unrivalled and trusted BSI Kitemark certification - a real benefit to you, your company and your customers.
Solid Biomass Fired Heating Systems (MCS 008)
- BS EN 13240:2001+A2:2004 - Room heaters fired by solid fuels
- BS EN 14785:2006 - Residential space heating appliances fired by wood pellets. This can be used for boilers and room heaters inside or out.
- BS EN 303-5:2012 - Heating boilers : Heating boilers with forced draft burners. Heating boilers for solid fuels - hand and automatically fired, nominal heat output of up to 300 KW. The performance and emission criteria detailed in MCC 008 issue 1.0 clause 7
- BS EN 13240:2001+A2:2004 or when tested in accordance with BS EN 14785:2006 Efficiency and emissions of solid
- BS EN 12809:2001+A1:2004, or BS EN 303-5:2012 (for boilers operating on sealed systems) as applicable efficiency and emissions of solid biomass fired boilers (up to 50KW)
Micro & Small Wind Turbines (MCS 006)
British Wind Energy Association small wind turbine performance and safety standard requires:
Heat Pumps - (MCS 007)
BS EN 14511:2007 (Parts 1 to 4) – Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling.
Solar Photovoltaic Modules (MCS 005)
- BS EN 61215:2005 - Crystalline silicon terrestrial photovoltaic modules
- BS EN 61646:2008 - Thin film terrestrial photovoltaic modules Note: for roof integrated modules see also MCS 005 clause 5b.