Date: Thursday 12 December 2013 (09:30-16:00)
Location: Grange City Hotel, London, EC3N 2BQ
This conference will celebrate the publication of the new standard for bio-based products, PAS 600, and will raise the awareness of the importance of standardization in removing the barriers for wider adoption of bio-based products.
The event will outline UK industry needs and discuss ways that can facilitate the growth of the bio-based economy.
The event is aimed at SMEs and larger companies developing and manufacturing bio-based products. It will present an opportunity to learn about a range of bio-based products on the market, and about funding and support available from a range of sources.
The conference will provide a unique opportunity to meet industry experts and discuss ideas, and to get informed about new technologies, business models and collaborative opportunities.
By attending the event you will:
- Learn about PAS 600:2013
- Understand standards, certification and labelling for bio-based products
- Find out how BSI could support the industry (and SMEs) through standardization work / SME Forum
- Get informed about Industrial Biotechnology Leadership Forum and Industrial Biotechnology Strategy for the UK
- Gain information about the expert support programmes, networks and UK facilities available
- Hear about European-wide funding programmes such as BRIDGE PPP and Horizon 2020 and opportunities for SMEs to benefit from these
- Discover available funding opportunities for companies developing and manufacturing bio-based products (TSB)
- Map the UK industry needs to develop bio-based economy with commercially viable products to understand what mechanisms, tools and activities can facilitate growth of this industry
- Identify further drivers, market needs, opportunities, UK capabilities and enabling technologies.