Certified Lead Privacy Implementer (CLPI) training course
Our four-day Certified Lead Privacy Implementer course enables you to develop the expertise to implement and manage a privacy framework based on ISO 29100, the Generally Accepted Privacy principles and guidance from international information commissioners.
You'll learn about best practice approaches to design, build and lead an organization's privacy program to cover business processes, ICT systems and services. This will include an understanding of a privacy framework based on common privacy terminology, the actors and their roles in processing personally identifiable information (PII), and privacy safeguarding considerations. References to known privacy principles for information technology will also be covered.
By attending this course you'll develop the knowledge and skills to build privacy frameworks that help organizations maintain compliance to global privacy legislation and directives. As part of this course, you'll have the opportunity to complete the PECB Certified Lead Privacy Implementer exam, which on successful completion will gain your recognized CLPI status.
Who should attend?
Those with existing knowledge on the privacy framework in information security and whose responsibilities include compliance and privacy issues, such as:
- Security consultants and system architects
- Data protection and privacy officers
- IT developers
- Privacy by design responsibilities
What will I learn?
- Introduction to ISO 29100 privacy framework concepts
- ISO 29100 privacy and regulatory frameworks
- Fundamental principles of privacy
- Global privacy legislation, including new EU directives
- Writing a business case and a project plan for implementing a privacy framework
- Initiating the privacy framework implementation
- Preliminary analysis of existing controls
- Privacy framework project leadership and approval
- Define the scope of a privacy framework project
- Select the approach and methodology for a risk assessment
- Control statement and management decision to implement the privacy framework
- Define the organizational structure of privacy
- Implement a document management framework
- Design controls, writing procedures and specific policies
- Implementing privacy controls
- Develop and communicate a training and awareness program on your privacy framework
- Incident management
- Operations management
- Monitor, measure, analyse and evaluate
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Treatment of problems and points of concern
- Continual improvement
- Competence and evaluation of implementers
How will I benefit?
- Understand how to design, build and lead an organization's privacy programs covering business processes, ICT systems and services
- Knowledge of ISO 29100 best practice privacy frameworks
- Be confident to develop a privacy framework that supports with compliance to privacy legislation
- A certificate of attendance