This one-day course provides an overview of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), and the generic PPAP process requirements for production parts as defined in the Production Part Approval reference manual.
Who should attend?
- Anyone responsible for the submission of parts to customer(s) for production approval
- Those involved in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- IATF 16949:2016 Requirements Training Course OR
- IATF 16949:2016 Transition Training Course
- IATF 16949 core tools, FMEA, SPC, APQP & Control Plan Methodology, and MSA (as this course is the culmination of all these tools)
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify PPAP submission requirements including customer-specifics
- Recognize when customer notification and submission is required
- Explain submission and levels of evidence required for each levels
- Determine documented information (records) to be retained and retention times
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Determine and agree PPAP notification and submission requirements with the customer
- Prepare and submit a PPAP to meet customer-specific requirements
- Review a PPAP submission for completion of all PPAP process requirements
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the purpose of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Understand when customer notification and submission is required
- Understand the PPAP process requirements and the submission levels of evidence (1-5)
- Understand customer part submission status
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate