ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor
The BSI Training Academy can teach you the essential knowledge and skills an internal auditor needs, along with the areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools.
An ineffective audit can mean severe consequences - resulting in process failure, customer dissatisfaction and regulatory noncompliance. By learning to audit processes in relation to the internationally recognized ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems, you’ll optimize your auditing skills and boost your internal audit capabilities. You’ll gain confidence in planning and performing an effective audit, as well as reporting and assessing corrective action where necessary.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and effectiveness of organizational processes in relation to ISO 9001:2015. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
The British Standards Institution (BSI, a company incorporated by Royal Charter), performs the National Standards Body activity (NSB) in the UK. BSI, together with other BSI Group Companies, also offers a broad portfolio of business solutions other than the NSB activity that help businesses worldwide to improve results through Standards-based best practice (such as certification, self-assessment tools, software, product testing, information products and training). Training courses are provided by BSI as part of its non-NSB services.
- Training provided and run by BSI, a Certification Body (CB). BSI are the National Standards Body of the United Kingdom.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 9001:2015 QMS
You should already have a good knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 requirements, and the key principles of a QMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO 9001:2015 Requirements course (or equivalent); as the requirements are not taught in this course.
What will I learn?
You’ll have the knowledge to:
- Explain the guidelines of auditing management systems according to ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems
- Describe the application of these guidelines to auditing ISO 9001:2015
You’ll have the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare and audit activities; complete the audit
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Audit follow-up
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Recognize areas your Certification Body (CB) will be generally looking for to comply with generic internal auditing requirements in management system standards. This will include the meanings and intention of certification criteria and associated theories, methodologies, techniques or tools
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements for an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems (QMS) internal audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its QMS
- Write factual audit reports and assess corrective actions
- Lunch and refreshments
- Detailed course notes
- Internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate