ISO 50001:2018 Lead Auditor Training Course
Gain the knowledge and skills to conduct and lead an Energy Management Systems (EnMS) audit in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques.
You will grasp the key principles and practices of an effective EnMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 “Guidelines for auditing management systems”. Using a systematic approach, you will be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to reporting on audit findings, and follow-up; that establishes conformity and enhances energy performance.
Working with our professional tutors over 5 days, you will gain the knowledge and practical skills required to undertake and lead a successful second-party EnMS audits. You will acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report and follow-up on an EnMS audit.
Who should attend?
Any person or team tasked with, or interested in, leading an audit of an organization’s EnMS and those seeking to become a second-party EnMS auditor based on ISO 50001.
Please note: The implementation and the auditing of an ISO 50001-based EnMS requires different skill sets. Delegates with an interest in implementation should consider completing our implementation course.
We strongly recommend you to attend our ISO 50001 requirements course (or equivalent), and an energy management fundamentals course. It will also help if you have experience in conducting some internal audits and supplier audits.
“An excellent course – practical and easy to understand. Delivery style and facilitating techniques were superb.”
What will I learn?
Upon completion, you should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of an EnMS, EnMS standards, management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved energy performance
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an EnMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an EnMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 50001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Plan, conduct and follow-up on auditing activities that add real value
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading and managing the EnMS audit process
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Conduct a second-party EnMS audit
- Meet lead auditor training requirements for certification
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
- Training course notes
- Lunch & refreshments
*Terms and conditions
Applies to selected courses in the UK only. Discount applies to second and third delegates where the booking is for the same course and taking place in 2018. All bookings must be made before 31 October. Moves, changes and cancellation are not permitted. Payment required or invoice issued at the time of bookings. No refunds. Discount does not apply to BSI re-sellers or consultants. Offer not valid for online bookings; this is a telephone exclusive offer. Call our training team on 0345 086 9000 to book. To view the exact discount per course, please click here.