Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) Training Course: Implementing ISO/IEC 27001:2013
In this three day training course, our experienced tutors teach you how to consider the state of your organization’s current information security management practices in preparation to put in an ISMS.
You should already have a good understanding of the requirements of the current standard and our tutors will tap into that knowledge so that you can develop your skill and understanding of the practicalities involved when setting up a typical management system framework that conforms with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
This will enable you to play a key role in ensuring your organization is compliant to ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 provides the model for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an ISMS to protect your information assets.
After attending this course, you will be in a position to use this model and be able to develop an ISMS suitably appropriate for your organization.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who will be involved in advising top management on the introduction of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 into an organization. It is especially relevant for those who have the responsibility to implement information security management in a business or provide consultation on the subject.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security consultants
You should already understand how ISO/IEC 27001:2013 works (for delegates who do not have this, we recommend attending our one day requirements course)
What will I learn?
- How to identify a typical framework to implement an ISMS compliant with ISO/IEC 27001:2013 following the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- How to conduct a base line review of the organization’s current position with regard to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 from an implementation perspective in the context of your organization
- How to implement key elements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
How will my organization benefit?
- Your company will know what is required to implement an ISMS that conforms to the standard
- Successful implementation will improve the protection of your organization’s private data to meet your market assurance and corporate governance needs
- You will gain 24 CPD points on completing the course
- Certificate of attendance
- Lunch and refreshments
- Course notes