This one-day course explores and explains the requirements for the international standard for information security management systems (ISMS) (ISO/IEC 27001:2022) and how it benefits an organization. It’s ideal for IT, information security or systems managers, or anyone advising senior management on the introduction of ISO 27001.
Led by expert tutors, you’ll learn about the benefits of information security management and why it’s so important. You’ll also cover the background, key principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2022.
By the end of this step in your learning journey, you’ll be able to confidently explain why an ISMS is important and be able to start applying the standard in your organization. Attend live online or in person in a classroom environment to gain 8 CPD points and a certificate of achievement. If you are confident enough to learn without a tutor, there is also a self-paced, online version of this course.
How will I benefit?
- Understand how to make information security management effective
- Learn the background, principles and requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2022
- Gain confidence in protecting your own, and others, confidential information
- Gain 8 CPD points
- Any manager
- Management representatives of ISO/IEC 27001
- IT managers
- Systems managers
- Information security officers
- Those who will be involved in advising top management on the introduction of ISO/IEC 27001 into an organization
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the history and development of ISO/IEC 27001
- Describe what an Information Security Management System (ISMS) is
- Identify the benefits of an ISMS
- Recognize the terms and definitions used
- Identify key concepts, principles and structure
- Identify the main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001
- You will gain 8 CPD points on completing the course
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI training course certificate.
Gain a Certificate of Achievement for this course
You can now qualify for a Certificate of Achievement, by passing the assessment requirements, including an end-of-course online exam, you’ll improve your professional profile and be able to:
- Provide evidence of your learning
- Demonstrate your competence
We will email your exam log-in details when you’ve finished the course. The exam is done online which means you can choose when and where to complete it. You are strongly advised to choose a time and a place where you will not be disturbed, and where you have access to a reliable internet connection. The exam takes approximately 80 minutes, is comprised with 40 multiple choice questions and you have up to 30 days to complete it – including one opportunity for a re-take.
Upon successful completion of this exam you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement alongside your Certificate of Attendance. If, however, you decide not to complete the exam, you will still be awarded with a Certificate of Attendance.