BCS Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management
Excel in information risk management with an BCS qualification developed especially for IT security professionals. The Practitioner Certificate in Information Risk Management (PCiIRM) provides thorough guidance on building a business focused ISMS strategy.
Demonstrate your ability to deliver a robust system in line with ISO 17799, ISO 27001 and BS 7799-3 standards and make sure you are up-to-date with UK legislation, as well as international frameworks. Over five days you will work with BCS qualified professionals, learning how to understand and prevent threats to data within specific technical business environments.
Who should attend?
“The tutor had a sound understanding of principles with good examples. A very engaging and well-presented course.”
- Those who want to improve ISMS within their organization
- Information security and governance practitioners
- Internal auditors, managers and senior staff working in IT
- Those working in compliance and operational risk
- Project managers and those responsible for design information security systems
What will I learn?
- Understand the concept and importance of information security management
- Establish the different stages of an ISMS and be confident using classification schemes
- Learn to scope and assess risks, including business impact and put in place controls
- Be able to produce risk reports and to plan and document internal ISMS audits
- Achieve a BCS qualification, advance CPD and gain ISMS competencies vital to your role
How will I benefit?
- Develop BCS qualified leaders within your business
- Be confident that your business data is protected with an ISMS
- Measure and remove information security threats
- Build customer confidence through protected processes
- Encourage CPD and build an awareness of information security in your organization
- You will gain 40 CPD points on completing the course
- Training course notes
- Lunch and refreshments