People Aspects of Business Continuity Management Training Course
Business continuity planning forms an essential part of an organization's tools for maintaining continuity of critical products and services. The focus of this course is to look at the ‘people’ elements’ of business continuity in contrast to ‘human resources’ elements.
The course explores the key concepts of people and human risk from the standpoint of human resource professionals and risk professionals. This will enable critical thinking around the themes of risk appetite and risk assessment techniques as well as recovery strategies. Business continuity strategies and solutions are introduced as prerequisites for formulating useful continuity plans and plans to recover services through to business as usual (BAU).
You will be encouraged to make links to other disciplines such as health and safety, as well as how to engage with external interested parties, such as the emergency services.
This course combines presentations as well as individual and team activities designed to establish and cement a practical understanding of the elements of the people aspects of business continuity, enabling you to construct, deploy and validate relevant people strategies and solutions, as well as plans and procedures, on returning to the workplace.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in providing critical services with the interest or responsibility of formulating recovery arrangements following product or service disruption.
- Anyone with people in their organization.
There are no formal pre-requisites for attending this course, however an understanding of Business Impact Analysis and Business Risk Assessment, as well as Business Continuity Plans, is useful to get most out of this course.
What will I learn?
You’ll have the knowledge to:
- Recognize the concepts behind the people aspects of business continuity
- Identify any aspects applicable to your own organization or others
- Develop the response to the people aspects of business continuity
You’ll have the skills to:
- Prepare to respond to an incident or disruption
- Develop the recovery and restoration of your organization from a ‘people management’ perspective
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Recognize the differences between ‘people’ and ‘human resources’ parts of a business continuity management system (BCMS)
- Consider different ways of looking at people risk
- Consider different strategies and solutions to people risk in an organization
- Apply the knowledge practically for consideration in the workplace
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.