This course is intended for anyone who has business continuity responsibilities, particularly those that are vulnerable to pandemic.
This course will inform you how potential business disruptions arising from a communicable disease, prevalent over a region, country, or the world, could be included in a Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment. It takes due consideration of the health and safety and well-being of all stakeholders.
The course will also provide a summary of ISO 45001 and ISO 22301 management systems as they apply to business continuity and mitigating business impacts such as pandemic. The course includes interactive exercises that allow participants to share ideas and practice implementing the concepts presented.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone concerned with or has responsibilities for business continuity and OH&S related to a possible pandemic.
What will I learn?
On completion of this training, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss organizational context, issues, risks and opportunities arising from a pandemic
- Demonstrate awareness of the impact of supply chain disruptions from a business continuity perspective and potential risk assessment
- Explain how to plan for pandemic-specific impacts to your organization and build an appropriate business continuity plan (BCP)
- Identify how hazards arising from disease or other business disruption can be included in a business impact analysis (BIA) and risk assessment
- Review ISO 22301 and supporting standards can serve as the framework for a BCP and pandemic preparedness
- Review how an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system and/or ISO 45001 requirements and supporting standards can serve to mitigate employee, contractor/vendor and visitor risk during a pandemic
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Introduce or review the critical elements of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and planning
- Understand the importance and benefits of having an effective BCP
- Identify and manage communicable disease risks to health and safety and pandemic risk management process in relation to BCP
- Inspire customer and partner trust
- Protect your organization’s reputation
- Benchmark your own business continuity management and health and safety practices with recognized best practice
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.