ISO 22000:2018 Requirements and Internal Auditor Training Course
Learn how to embed continual improvement at the heart of your organization through an ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System (FSMS). The revised standard is an opportunity for organizations to align their strategic direction and increase focus on improving food safety performance. A FSMS will enable an organization to improve its food safety (FS) performance and to manage its FS risks.
Identify the structure and requirements of an effective management system, and what this means for you. Gain a thorough insight into food safety management systems and the key concepts and structure of ISO 22000, key terms, definitions and the ISO standardized high level structure. You’ll learn to interpret and apply the key concepts and principles of the standard to existing processes within your organization.
An internal audit is an essential element to an effective FSMS, and by attending this course you will benefit by learning and developing the skills to help improve your organization’s FS performance. This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 22000. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports, and complete follow-up activities.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, auditing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 22000 FSMS.
What will I learn?
You will learn:
- What a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) is
- Why a FSMS is important to an organization and its benefits
- The background of ISO 22000:2018 and its intended results
- The terms and definitions used
- The key concepts and structure of ISO 22000:2018
- The main requirements of ISO 22000:2018
You will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011
- Determine the application of ISO 19011 guidelines to auditing ISO 22000
You will have the skills to:
- Initiate the audit
- Prepare audit activities
- Conduct audit activities
- Prepare and distribute the audit report
- Complete the audit
- Audit follow up
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to understand the ISO 22000 food safety management system organizations requirements relative to:
- The ability to consistently provide safe foods and relevant products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Addressing risks associated with its objectives
- The ability to demonstrate conformity to specified food safety management system requirements
This course will also help you:
- Prepare, conduct and follow-up on ISO 22000 audit activities
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an ISO 22000 audit
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its FSMS
- Write factual audit reports and suggest corrective actions
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.