NEBOSH International Diploma in Environmental Management
The NEBOSH Environmental Diploma is ideal for those wanting to develop and implement effective environmental management systems within their organisations. It is designed to provide learners with the relevant expertise wherever in the world they may be working, and to empower them to positively influence environmental management standards and practice at every organisational level.
Who should attend?
- Anyone wanting a high level career in environmental management
- Safety professionals looking to expand their knowledge and competence
What will I learn?
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Environmental Management is based on international standards and is made up of two units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH International Environmental Diploma qualification:
Unit ED1: Controlling Environmental Aspects
- Key environmental cycles and the effects of human activity on the environment
- Environmental leadership
- Environmental management systems and emergency planning
- Environmental risk evaluation and control
- Environmental performance evaluation
- Waste management
- Managing emissions to the atmosphere
- Managing emissions to the water environment
- Control of environmental noise
- Hazardous substances and contaminated land
- Energy use
Unit IDEM2: Environmental Regulation
- Enforcement of environmental legislation
- Pollution prevention and control multilateral treaties
Unit ED1 of the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma is assessed by a three hour written exam.
How will I benefit?
- Use the letters 'IEnvDipNEBOSH' after your name
- Valued by employers – NEBOSH Diploma holders get higher salaries (NEBOSH research)
- Boost your career prospects - NEBOSH Diploma holders are in demand throughout the world
- Detailed course notes