Aerospace Statistical Process Control (SPC) Training Course
Learn how Statistical Process Control can be used to evaluate process capability and process performance.
Statistical Process Control (SPC) is commonly used by aerospace manufacturers as part of quality control programs. Application of the SPC methodology can help you to quickly identify when processes are producing results outside their normal variances. This in turn enables organizations to continuously improve product quality, limiting scrap and waste, and reduce costs.
This one-day course provides an overview of the aerospace methodology for the use of statistical techniques detailing the critical steps in the best use of statistical techniques to evaluate both attribute and variable data.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in verifying new manufacturing processes using AS9145 APQP and PPAP, AS9102 First Article, AS13004 PFMEA and Control Plans, AS13003 MSA and ongoing process control and process improvement.
Please note if you have already attended the Automotive SPC Training Course then you should not attend this course as there are many linkages between these two courses.
What will I learn?
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify and select the appropriate control chart as defined in the Statistical Process Control reference manual
- Calculate Cp/Cpk and Pp/Ppk
- Calculate control limits
- Identify out of control conditions
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Implement control charts to evaluate process performance and process capability
- Analyse information regarding process performance and process capability
- Identify actions on the process to maintain performance or capability
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the different types of statistical methods used to evaluate performance and capability, using both variable and attribute data
- Understand the difference between capability and performance
- Understand how to conduct an initial process study for variable data
- Understand the process for the selection of control charts
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded a BSI certificate for successful course completion