This one-day course provides an overview of the methodology used to develop and implement process and design FMEA; detailing the critical steps to identify and mitigate process and product risks. Whilst the course is based around AS13004:2017 and gives emphasis to Process FMEA, consideration is given into how the same principles can be applied in the context of Design FMEA.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the different types of FMEA and their application
- Recognize how to identify failure modes
- For PFMEA - Know how to assess and prioritize risks associated with manufacturing processes using severity, occurrence and detection rankings
- Interpret the risks identified from PFMEA events and determine appropriate input into manufacturing activities, reaction and control plans
- For DFMEA – Understand the similarities and differences in the use of FMEA techniques as they apply to the design process
Anyone involved in process and product development activities, either as a team member or leading the activities, AS/EN/JISQ 9100 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about FMEA, and anyone involved in the implementation of AS/EN/JIS Q9100.
You will have the knowledge to:
- Recognize the activities involved in the development of an FMEA (emphasis on PFMEA using AS13004:2017)
- Identify failure modes and apply risk rankings to severity, occurrence and detection
- Assign risk priority numbers (RPN) to each failure mode identified
- Determine actions to reduce or eliminate high RPN’s
You will have the skills to:
- Become a productive member of a process or product design team
- Apply the steps involved for a successful FMEA
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate