Aerospace Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) with Design FMEA Consideration Training Course
This one-day course provides an overview of the methodology used to develop and implement process and design FMEA; detailing the critical steps to identify and mitigate process and product risks. Whilst the course is based around AS13004:2017 and gives emphasis to Process FMEA, consideration is given into how the same principles can be applied in the context of Design FMEA.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in process and product development activities, either as a team member or leading the activities, AS/EN/JISQ 9100 auditors, anyone interested in learning more about FMEA, and anyone involved in the implementation of AS/EN/JIS Q9100.
What will I learn?
You will have the knowledge to:
- Recognize the activities involved in the development of an FMEA (emphasis on PFMEA using AS13004:2017)
- Identify failure modes and apply risk rankings to severity, occurrence and detection
- Assign risk priority numbers (RPN) to each failure mode identified
- Determine actions to reduce or eliminate high RPN’s
You will have the skills to:
- Become a productive member of a process or product design team
- Apply the steps involved for a successful FMEA
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Identify the different types of FMEA and their application
- Recognize how to identify failure modes
- For PFMEA - Know how to assess and prioritize risks associated with manufacturing processes using severity, occurrence and detection rankings
- Interpret the risks identified from PFMEA events and determine appropriate input into manufacturing activities, reaction and control plans
- For DFMEA – Understand the similarities and differences in the use of FMEA techniques as they apply to the design process
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate