NEBOSH International General Certificate
The NEBOSH Certificate is highly respected by employers worldwide and is an essential first step for those wanting a long and successful career in HSE. The NEBOSH IGC enables you to apply for many different health and safety jobs, such as Health & Safety Officer, Advisor, Superintendent, etc in almost any industry.
Who should attend?
- Anyone working in or wanting to work in safety & health anywhere in the world.
What will I learn?
The NEBOSH International General Certificate is based on international standards and best practice. It is made up of two units that must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH International General Certificate qualification:
Unit IG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
- Unit IG1 is assessed by a two-hour written examination
- Unit IG2 is assessed by a three hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)
How will I benefit?
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are highly valued by employers globally
- Meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
- Detailed course notes