NEBOSH HSE Intro to Incident Investigation
The NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation course is designed to enable learners to carry out accident investigations, produce risk control plans and contribute to team accident/incident investigations for large-scale investigations.
Jointly developed by NEBOSH and the UK's Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), this qualification shows how non-complex incidents can be investigated effectively.
Who should attend?
- Managers, supervisors, SHE champions, union representatives and aspiring health and safety practitioners
What will I learn?
The NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation consists of one unit which must be successfully completed within six months to achieve the NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation. The course covers:
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Positive strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
- Advanced accident/incident investigation techniques
The course is assessed by a one-hour evidence based action plan activity which is undertaken during the course.
How will I benefit?
- Provides confidence to handle workplace incident/accident investigations effectively
- Provides an excellent foundation for further NEBOSH qualifications
- Detailed course notes