NEBOSH Certificate in Process Safety Management
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management provides the knowledge and understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) to ensure holders of this certificate can contribute to the effective management of process safety risks. Developed by NEBOSH in collaboration with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) - the UK's Health & Safety Regulator, this course is suitable for people all around the world who work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals.
Given the hazardous nature of these industries, this qualification has been designed to give specialist knowledge and understanding to managers, supervisors and safety professionals.
Who should attend?
- People all around the world who work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics and pharmaceuticals
- Managers, supervisors and safety professionals
What will I learn?
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management qualification consists of one Unit with four elements:
- Process Safety Leadership
- Management of Process Risk
- Process Safety Hazard Control
- Fire Protection and Emergency Response
Covering topics such as:
- Establishment of process management systems
- Asset management and maintenance strategies
- Safe start-up and shutdown of process plant
- Performance standards for safety critical systems and equipment
- Hazards and controls for:
- Chemical reactions
- Bulk storage of dangerous substances
- Fire and explosion
- Purpose and features of emergency plans
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is assessed by a 90 minute exam consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions.
How will I benefit?
- Enables holders to recognise and contribute to the control of process safety hazards
- Boost your career prospects, NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally
- Detailed course notes