ISO 45001:2018 Strategic Approach to Risk-Based Thinking Training Course
ISO 45001:2018 standard was published to supersede the OHSAS 18001:2007 standard. In this new standard, it embraces new concepts such as Plan-Do-Check-Act, worker participation and consultation, and risk-based thinking.
A well-designed Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) Management System has to address its risks and opportunities. These may arise from the organization’s hazards, legal and other requirements or from other issues relating to the organization’s context. An organization’s system although based on the common ISO 45001 standard may differ from others due to its risks and opportunities. Therefore, understanding risk-based thinking is crucial so that actions required can be integrated into the organization’s processes for them to function as an effective coherent system.
This training course is specially designed to provide understanding of risk-based thinking. Practical activities are incorporated into this training to translate this concept into a structured methodology that will assist organizations to address the strategic development of the system.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for all managers, executives and OH&S professionals who need to be equipped with a practical understanding of the context of the organization and risk-based thinking, especially those involved in developing the OH&S Management System. The course is suitable for anyone who may become involved in the certification, maintenance and internal auditing of the OH&S Management System in an organization.
We recommend that you have knowledge of the ISO 45001 standard prior to attending this training course.
What will I learn?
You’ll have the knowledge to:
- Determine the context of your organization in planning and implementation of the OH&S Management System
- Explain the application of risk-based thinking
You’ll have the skills to:
- Apply risk-based thinking
- Use a structured method in developing an effective OH&S Management System relevant to the context of your organization
How will I benefit?
- Have a good understanding of the importance of understanding the context of the organization
- Understand how to address risk-based thinking and incorporating it into the organization’s system
- Gain a practical approach in developing an OH&S Management System in a structured manner
- Detailed course notes and lunch are provided
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate