- Globally recognized and GFSI benchmarked
- Recognized by retailers around the world, reducing the burden of multiple audits
- Reduced product recalls, complaints and rejected products
- Increases customer confidence, opening new market opportunities
- Clearly defined risk-based requirements
It also includes the Global Markets programme, providing opportunities to encourage and recognize the development of food safety systems in small sites where the full requirements of the standard may add less value.
The BRC standard for food safety takes a common sense, risk-based approach, providing companies with a clear path towards achieving certification. Over 25,000 sites in more than 130 different countries have risen to the challenge.
Supported by customers
Many retailers, food service companies and major food manufacturers around the world support the use of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and accept it as part of their supplier approval process.
The Standard is HACCP-based and incorporates food safety management systems and internationally accepted best manufacturing practices to ensure product safety and quality.
Widely accepted certification reduces the need and expense of duplicate audits. Audits are completed by local BRC-trained and approved auditors to enable an internationally accepted standard to be audited at local rates.