Implementing an ISO 55001 Asset Management System
If good asset management is critical to delivering your products and services, or if your business manages assets on behalf of other organizations then ISO 55001 is right for you. Build your system around the needs of your business – find out how we can help.
Are you ready for implementation?
ISO 55001 is not one size fits all. Your system needs to be built around the individual needs and requirements of your business and aligned to your wider organizational objectives. We understand that you may have different requirements to those of your peers and competitors. As such, we offer customized packages including training and services, to help you meet those needs without unnecessary costs.
Top tips for implementing ISO 55001
- Get commitment and support from senior management
- Engage the whole business with good internal communication
- Engage BSI to perform a gap analysis to compare existing processes and procedures with the requirements of ISO 55001.
- Establish an implementation team to get the best results
- Map out and share roles, responsibilities and timescales
- Adapt the basic principles of the ISO 55001 standard to your business
- Motivate staff involvement with training and incentives
- Share ISO 55001 knowledge and encourage staff to train as internal auditors
- Regularly review your ISO 55001 system to make sure you are continually improving it